About Me

My photo
age: 34 height 5 foot 3 (nearly) starting weight: 230

Friday, March 26, 2010

misconceptions and stereotypes

I really wanted to take time to acknowledge a few things to myself and anyone else reading this

*fat people dont always eat like pigs or sweat when they eat (my thin friends can out eat me and i can only eat one plate at a buffet)

*fat girls are not all easy lays

*fat people are not all dirty or smelly - as a matter of fact i have an addiction to bubble baths

*FAT PEOPLE ARE NOT LESSER IN IMPORTANCE THEN ANYONE HALF THEIR SIZE

*not all fat people are depressed

*not all fat people have low body image

*IT IS OK FOR FAT PEOPLE TO LIKE THEMSELVES EVEN THOUGH SOCIETY SAYS THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR PRETTY ENOUGH (as a matter of fact i am prettier and nicer then a whole lot of superficial skinny bitches)

*not all fat people are lazy.....I work 3 jobs and have a life thank you very much!

I am so sick of society dictating how i should feel about how i look. TRUTH IS BEING FAT IS NOT HEALTHY. THIS is why i am embarking on this journey. I want to be healthier. I want to have more energy and less stress.

I think if more chubbies could grasp this and start feeling better about WHO THEY ARE not what they look like we would start seeing more motivation to succeed at healthy living.

I for one have lived to long under the misconception that i will never be good enough or determined enough. I have lived to long with the mindset that I will always be fat. my parents were fat, genetically i come from a big hips big ass family. that is where i came from and sure i may never be skinny but i will get healthy and thinner and more active. I AM NOT A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCES. As a wise friend told me. THIS IS THE YEAR FOR ME. I am weeding out toxic friends and relationships and habits. this is the year to make me a better me.

enjoy my journey and know that this is your time too. be the best you that you can be


3 comments:

  1. You go girl!! I am really proud of you. I begin my journey on Monday. Maybe together we can motivate each other....blockheads have got to stick together. :) Love, Tiffany aka wytfeather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tiffany we really should all encourage each other to be the best us that we can be ya know. Its all about mental physical emotional and spiritual well being!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany...it's me, @donniedollgirl!!! Ck out my blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete